Sunday, September 15, 2013

Learned Something New - Kale Chips

This morning/afternoon I went over to my friend Elise's apartment. We made crêpes to celebrate her birthday and afterwards she offered to teach me how to make kale chips.

Her recipe:

  • grease pan with olive oil
  • rip kale into 2 inch pieces
  • sprinkle olive oil onto kale pieces
  • add salt
  • bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes

This is the first time that I have had kale chips, and I have to admit they were pretty tasty. Maybe I can get some kale from the farmer's market on Wednesday. It will help add some variety to my diet.

1 comment :

  1. Kale chips are the answer to everything. I've discovered that if you want a lower-fat version, you can sub out vinegar for the olive oil. I imagine you may still have to grease the cookie sheets, though. I'm lucky enough to have some pretty nifty non-stick ones.
    Kale at the market is amazingly cheap if you get it at the right place- last week Colin and I got a pound of it for two dollars.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis