Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Favorite Place in DC: The USDA

My favorite part if this week was the visit to the USDA. Honestly I thought it was not going to be very cool and I was satisfied seeing the garden and a part of the building on Monday evening. But I agreed to visit.
posterdontwastelist
Propaganda poster form 1914-1918 in the exhibit.

So why was it so cool?

First there was a good amount of exhibits going over the history if the USDA. The walls were covered with old posters and propaganda. I actually did not have as much time to look at these as I wanted because I spent so much time talking to the lady who worked there. She was so thrilled to have visitors (they don't get many through there) and it was even better that we were interested in science and agriculture.

I got some pamphlets, magazine, and other free goodies to study when we get back. Let me know if you would like to see them.

I am also impressed how kind they were, the people at the USDA. I think it is good to remember that they are people to, so the department is not a heartless, faceless entity.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis