Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Savory Sweet Potatoes

ISo, I have been trying new recipes today. This one comes from the blog Our Savory Life. I came across this recipe through a google search, trying to find something to do with the sweet potatoes I bought a few days ago from Meijer.
Cooking garlic.

The recipe is pretty simple to make.

  • 2 sweet potatoes
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp thyme
  • 3 Tbsp butter
  • 2 cloves garlic cooked down in 1 Tbsp. olive oil

It probably took me 20 minutes (I forgot to time it). It was also really easy to mix all the ingredients in.

Now the important question: how did it taste? Savory, but still sweet. The thyme gave it good flavor and I actually did not taste the garlic. I have 3 servings made, each costing $1.07. I think that is pretty good, however this is not a main dish. There is no protein involved, so it makes an expensive side dish.

What do you like to do with sweet potatoes?

1 comment :

  1. People always do sweet things with sweet potatoes like add brown sugar or marshmellows. Savory sweet potatoes sounds good though. I'll have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis