Sunday, August 18, 2013

There's Always an Exception to the Rule

It has come to my notice that there are cases in which the rules that I have put down for this project may be to strict. (If  you have not read the rules, go to the rule tab). Friends and family have mentioned, "What if you get sick? What if you go home for the weekend or on a trip?". I plan to answer these in this post.

First, what if I get sick? This could be caused by a flu or cold, or worse food poisoning from my cooking. Now I hope that none of these will happen. For me, I have found the best food remedies have been orange juice, Sprite, and saltine crackers. During this project, I am going to take the means necessary to get better if I am sick. So if I were to toss my cookies, yes I would go and get some sprite and OJ and perhaps some crackers so that I feel better. Life happens, so I must be willing to deal with it properly. If any of you have any less processed alternatives that make you feel better when you are sick, please let me know!

The second concern is when I visit my folks or go on a trip, both of which are likly to happen this semester. When I go home, I hope to cook some of my meals from scratch or visit the farmers market there. However, as a college student, if my parents offer me food for free versus the cost of me buying ingredients, I will most likely take the free food (as long as it is not to processed, ie soda etc). It is more economical this way. I will be home in two weeks, so I will blog then how I work through each meal.

What about trips? I will be at the mercy of the restaurants around me and some prepacked snacks. Hopefully restaurants will have less processed options, like a veggie salad without dressing, that I can choose off their menu. This will make an interesting blog post when I come to it :).

If you have any more question about what I am doing, please post them in the comments below!

2 comments :

  1. I always have to have chicken noodle soup, saltines, and coke when I am sick. I've had to break from my special diet a couple of times this year because of sickness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to know that I am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis