Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What Do You Want for Snack Time?

So, I am taking the GRE tomorrow. All the advice I have seen says to bring a snack for the 10 minute break. Most articles specifically say a granola or energy bar. This poses a problem with my thesis of what would make an equivalent snack. Yes, I could break the rules and go buy an energy bar, but that could also end up making me feel sick during the exam if it has food dyes or preservatives.

Overall here are my criteria:
  • protein
  • natural sugar from fruit
  • I can eat it in under 5 minutes
  • tastes fine at room temperature
I have considered a sandwich, but it would take to long to eat and would take to much blood flow away from my brain to digest it. Right now I have some dried cranberries and mixed nuts in the house. This is my best bet, but I am afraid it will make me to thirsty. You are not allowed to have water in the testing room. I could take an apple, but I will probably not finish it.

What snack would you recommend?

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis