Friday, November 15, 2013

Building Patience

My roommate made an interesting comment today. I was stating how I was excited once this project was over, I would be able to eat instant soup. I really do miss the convenience in having food at the snap of your fingers when that craving strikes. She mentioned that by cooking food, you can build patience and character.

Those who know me well know that I am not the most patient person in the world. It has been challenging to have to wait for my food. Annoying to say the least. Cooking every meal requires planning, making sure you have all the ingredients, and allotting time to cook and eat.

The last 4 years of college I lived in the dorms, eating processed food whenever I wanted. It was the easy option, although expensive. So far, living off campus and making my own food has been rewarding. I do not have to worry about contamination of my food with peppers, and I can have whatever I want when I eat. This actually makes life less stressful.

Back to building patience and character, I think I have improved on both accounts. I am used to food taking a while to make and I appreciate how good home-cooked food tastes. My patience is only tried when I have a craving that I cannot satisfy immediately. On character, I think I have grown as a person. I am more independent about what I eat and more willing to take chances and try new foods.

Have you noticed any changes in me over the course of this project?

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis