Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving Part 2: The Feast

I still feel so stuffed from yesterday. Here are some photos of what we made and ate:

The turkey turned out fine, a little drier then what I wanted but my family said that it tasted good.



The gravy was.... well thick. And rather flour and starch like. I have concluded that making gravy is an art that I have not mastered yet, but this was my first try.



My dad cooked a beef tenderloin in addition to the turkey. This has been tradition for many years and it is delicious.



I also made french bread; they turned out to be the largest loaves yet and the best tasting. Sadly I forgot to take a picture of it before it was eaten.

Here is all the food laid out on the table to serve. French fries, olives, pickles, and cranberry jelly from a a can were also on the menu.



I made an apple pie from scratch for dessert. The crust was nice and flakey with my secret ingredient.


So that is my Thanksgiving dinner that served 12. There is a ton of leftover turkey, so that will be going back to school with me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis