Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Number's Game

I thought now is as good of time as any to update you on the money side of this project. I have just completed week 11 and I have 5 more weeks to go. Almost 3/4 of the way done. Of the first 77 days, I have stuck to the diet for 70 of them. The 7 days off included the 4 day trip to Washington DC, 2 days at home for labor day weekend, and today where I went home to visit family. I am anticipating one or two more weekends home and thanksgiving break to not be calculated in the totals.I am finding that on those days I am not monetarily counting, I am still eating following the rules, I am just not the one paying for it.

So far I spend on average $5.32 on food per day. I have spent $554.58 on food, eaten $372.10, and wasted $41.93. That means I have $140.55 in food sitting around my house waiting to be eaten.

I have a maximum of 35 days left on the project. This will be more like 30 counted monetarily for the project due to family gatherings. I do hope to do all the calculations for thanksgiving dinner though.

I am amazed on how little I spend per day on food. Most of it is still organic or right from the farmer's market. I think the main thing that helps me is that I make everything from scratch, I am conscious when things will expire, and I have a smaller appetite. I also cook in bulk.

How much do you spend a day on food? Do you wish you could spend less?

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis