Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Dietitian

So as some of you know, I have been having some health issues with my diet. I am concerned if I am getting enough vitamins (although I take a multivitamin. I am also wondering if I get enough calories and protein each day. So this morning was my appointment with a dietitian/nutritionist, hoping to find some answers.

Unfortunately, I was not that lucky. At the end of the meeting, the dietitian told me that they had learned a lot for me (that was not reciprocated). I was unable to describe my definition of processed food and how I was avoiding it, which led to some miscommunication. They showed me the myplate.gov site that I discussed in an earlier post (oddly enough it worked this morning even with the government shutdown, it is offline now). I was told I was getting enough fruits and vegetables but no dairy (this assessment was based off of one day, even though I had data for many days). To sum it up, the appointment was no help and my questions are still unanswered. If you have any ideas on how to help let me know.

On a happier note, I made hot chocolate today with milk and it was amazing! I think I found the perfect cold weather drink. I also made more hummus today!!

2 comments :

  1. Another girl I know had a similar problem of miscommunication with the dietitian. I get the impression that she really wants to help students, though, so it might not hurt to try to schedule a second appointment and explain to her again what it is you need help with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nourishing herbal infusions. http://nourishingherbalinfusions.com/ I have found them to be far better for myself, my husband, my father in law and my kids than the very high quality vitamins we used to take.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis