Saturday, October 26, 2013

Chocolate Surprise

Today I managed to oversleep (I am embarrassed to say I got up at 11:50am). This means I missed the last regular farmer's market of the season, and I really needed to get some groceries today.

I decided to go to Marsh to get the few things I needed. I was able to get organic milk and organic butter, 1 peck of apples (they were local!, from Goshen, IN), and most importantly, chocolate.

Unfortunately Marsh does not carry any of the normal brands of chocolate that fit my rules. However, I found a surprise in the candy isle:


Dove chocolate is Rainforest Alliance Certified! That also goes for  most of the Mars company (which own the Dove brand). So even those these chocolates are not organic, the cocoa is made in a more sustainable manner then say Hershey chocolate. I was able to warrant this purchase because of the certification and because I needed chocolate and this is the best that I can get at a standard grocery store. Believe me, you want me to have chocolate :).


No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis