Sunday, October 6, 2013

Popcorn is Decieving

My first visit to the farmer's market (over 2 months ago) I bought popcorn. A 1 lb. bag of kernels. I was anticipating this to become a go to snack early on in my project. I never made any of it until yesterday. You need popcorn when you are going to watch a movie.

I have only made stove top popcorn when I was little on special occasions with my dad. That consisted of me watching while he made it.

Never fear, I discovered that stove top popcorn is very easy to make. I did not even burn my first batch!! Unfortunately, I have no photographs as proof, you will just have to believe in me. I just heated the oil until a few kernels popped, added in enough kernels to cover the bottom, covered it and let them pop.

It was so easy that I made popcorn again tonight. One quarter cup of kernels makes plenty of popcorn for one person.

What is your favorite kind of popcorn?

3 comments :

  1. Honestly, when you said "let's make popcorn!" I thought that it would be all gross because it wouldn't have any of the good ultra buttery and salty stuff that's so bad for you. But girl, was I wrong! That stuff was so good! And it didn't make the top of my mouth all greasy and yucky like microwave popcorn does. And best of all, I didn't feel like I just ate a ton of lard after.
    The stuff you made definitely tasted better, and made me feel better about eating it. I'm going start making my own popcorn from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have so much Boy Scout popcorn. We use coconut oil to pop ours. What kind of oil did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used olive oil, it may not be the best but it was what I had on hand.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis