Sunday, October 20, 2013

Meat and Money

One reason I did not eat much meat in the beginnings of this project is that buying free range/organic is much more expensive. I feared it would not make my diet feasible due to the expense.

Last week I made lemon rosemary chicken and ate it throughout the week. It was in small portions, but still I was having meat about every day. So how did that affect my data?

For the first 8 weeks, I averaged $5.11 per day on food (this includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks). For week 9 I averaged $6.49 per day, an increase of $1.38. This is not as high as I would have expected and it is encouraging me to add more meat to my diet. I still will not be eating tons of meat as I have cheaper sources of protein (such as hummus and eggs).

Does the cost of meat impact how much you eat it?

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis