Friday, October 11, 2013

Missing Meat

As some of you know, for the duration of this project I have not been eating much meat even though my diet has been lacking in protein. I have made one dish (turkey lasagna) that includes meat. This is not because I dislike meat or am becoming a vegetarian. I like bacon to much. I have even had 4 chicken breasts and a pound of ground beef in my freezer for the past 3 weeks. So why?

To be honest, I am scared to cook meat. I have never cooked it on my own (a friend was over when I made turkey lasagna). I unsure how to season it, even with a recipe. I am afraid of making myself sick with undercooked meat but also afraid of overcooking or worse burning it and setting off the smoke alarm (that thing is LOUD). I also am grossed out by blood, and raw meat kinda goes into that category. It is icky and slimy.

I know all these are excuses and I just need to get over it and cook the meat so that I can have protein. I learn by doing and by following someone's example. Basically what I am saying is does anyone want to come over and keep me company/ help me as I make a meat dish? Help me conquer my fear. Encouragement in the comments is also appreciated.

1 comment :

  1. There are cooking classes at BSU that you can take if you are really interested in it.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis