Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What will be in your Christmas stocking?

So my folks have been asking me recently, what do I want for Christmas. Honestly, I do not have many ideas yet (that is sure to change), but I did think of something I hope to find in my stocking. In my family typically your stocking is full of your favorite candy. In years past I have found jelly beans, dark chocolate, an assortment of candy canes (especially sour ones), pop rocks, you get the idea.

So what do I want this year? Peppermint candies, not any peppermint candy though. Hammond's Candy. When I visited my cousin in Colorado over the summer, we toured their factory. They still make and twist all their candy canes by hand. But I do not want a candy cane.

I want this:

Old fashioned ribbon candy. They make it on original machinery. The type in particular that I want is the All Natural version, there is no artificial sweeteners or colors. I got some when I was in Colorado but they barely made the plane trip home, soooo delicious.



What is your favorite type of candy?


1 comment :

  1. Ribbon candy used to be my favorite Christmas sweet, too, but not the peppermint or spearmint or wintergreen flavors (yuck). I liked the fruity flavors. I was perfectly happy with whatever goes in them... I loved that stuff. I really don't care for it anymore, but it was my favorite when I was a kid...

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis