Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Circumstances Outside of My Control

I woke up at 6:20 this morning, burrowing under my covers seeking warmth. I thought this was normal until my roommate came knocking on my door a few minutes later stating the power was out, and oh we had just had the first snow of the year. I hop into action, getting dressed with many layers.

Then it hits me, no power means that I cannot cook, and I need breakfast before work. I figured my school would have power, so I drive over and get breakfast in the dinning halls. It cost me $4.90!! I got a small hot chocolate from Starbucks for $2.75. (Note to self, my homemade hot chocolate tastes 10x better). I also got potato rounds for $0.95 and 3 pieces of bacon at $0.40 each.


It is quite nice having breakfast prepared for me, but I can already tell what I have been eating the past few months is not only cheaper but of a better quality. For example my hot choclate cost about $1.90 and my bacon is $0.30 per slice.

Here is to hoping the power is back soon so I can get back to cooking!

1 comment :

  1. Can you post your recipe for hot chocolate?? It sounds enticing :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis