Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Finally... Meat!

Today I ate meat! For the first time in over 2 weeks!! Lemon rosemary chicken was on the menu. My friend Bekah came over to help me cook, and by help it was more of supervision. She watched as I did things and gave instructions and helped when I asked many questions.

The First Hiccup: I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer; it spent over 30 minutes in the microwave defrosting.


I got the recipie from my friend Emily. It is 2 chicken breasts, 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, 2 Teaspoons salt, and 1/2 Tablespoon dried rosemary. The grand total for all that I made was $12.62. I made 8 servings out of it.

Here they are going into the oven:


The final product.


You may have noticed that in the above photo, the chicken look a bit cut up. That is because I forgot to take a picture of the chicken when it came out of the oven. I was so hungry I ate a whole piece before Bekah reminded me that I would need a picture.


The verdict, chicken is good, meat is good. I want to buy bacon at the next farmer's market and add more meat into my diet, even though it will cost more. So I am expecting to spend more money a day on food now, but if that means I will be having a healthier diet, then that is ok by me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis